YIN YOGA (100-HOUR) TEACHER TRAINING (SINGAPORE)
Location : Singapore
PLS NOTE THAT IN ORDER TO QUALIFY TAKING THE TRAINING, YOU NEED TO HAVE ATTENDED YIN YOGA IMMERSION FOR AT LEAST ONCE.
6 DECEMBER - 17 DECEMBER 2016
The Principles & Practice of Yin Yoga
6 DEC - 11 DEC, 2016
The Meridian Body
12 DEC - 17 DEC, 2016
A teacher training is really about wanting to embark on a journey that brings benefits of the practice to others. In this process, one has to acquire the knowledge and gain direct experience on the practice. Undertake a journey of self-transformation with Victor Chng, Asia's leading Yin Yoga Teacher, to radically change your ideas of what yoga, discover how to get more out of your current practice, and learn how to teach effectively to your students.
The training is divided into two courses. They are both our entry level courses for students to gain an in-depth understanding on what Yin Yoga entails. Course 1 & 2 help students to design and teach basic yin yoga and meridian sequences after the training. It will be a practice focus training with hands-on experience on adjustments and refinements. Students are also required to do research, readings and written homework during the courses.
How to Prepare for the Courses
To help you to prepare yourself prior to the training, you need to attend
1. Yin Yoga Immersion in any of the country where it is available. (checkwww.yinyogainasia.com)
2. You are also recommended to attend Yin Yoga classes conducted by certified Yin Yoga teachers.
3. Have a short daily practice
Course 1: The Theory & Practice of Yin Yoga
Through this course, you will develop a complete understanding of the principles of Yin Yoga, get familiar with how to release the yin tissues in the body, learn the techniques on each pose, the role of connective tissues in yoga, how to design a sequent for beginners' class and teaching skills to successfully share what you know with your students. This programme empowers teachers to develop a Yin practice to balance the dynamic practices both for themselves and their students.
At the end of Course 1, participants will be able to:
• Understand the nature of Yin and Yang principles according to Taoist point of view and how these principles affect yoga practice
• Communicate the difference between Yin Yoga & dynamic (Yang) forms of Yoga and the benefits of a regular Yin practice
• Key instructions in each pose
• Skillfully sequence Yin Yoga classes centered on anatomical themes
• Effectively modify poses for a variety of anatomical concerns
Course 2: The Yin Yoga Meridian Series
The Meridian Series focuses on the energetic benefits of Yin Yoga. Based on Taoism, Traditional Chinese Medicine, and Yoga Philosophy, the second course offers an expanded approach to the Yin Yoga practice through a strong focus on the energetic dimensions of the body. The discussion involves understanding how the stimulation of the meridian channels of the body through Yin Yoga in turn stimulates the related organs in the body bringing health and vitality to practitioners.
At the end of the course, the participant will be able to:
• Learn about life preservative & extension
• Understand how disease develops and the differences between Curing & Healing
• Understand the Chi flow, Meridians & Energy focal points in the body
• Appreciate the relationships between Five Elements, Five Major Organs and Five Emotions
• Develop Yin Yoga sequences that combines Meridian Exercises and Meridian Poses to effectively channel chi flow to specific meridian pathway
1. Participants should have a regular Yin Yoga practice for at least 18 months with a certified Yin Yoga Teacher.
2. For students who do not meet the 18 months practice requirement, to submit either one of the following:
a. Attendence of Yin Yoga Immersion conducted by Victor or his certified teachers
b. a recommendation letter (250 words min.) from a certified Yin Yoga teacher
3. A short description of why the participant would like to complete a comprehensive Yin Yoga teacher training programme.
Note: Students who do not meet any of the above requirements may still be considered on a case-to-case basis. Please send a clear description of why you would like to participate in this teacher training. This will be helpful in ensuring your success during this intensive training programme.
Date : 6 DEC - 17 Dec 2016
Venue : To be confirmed
NOTE : ANYONE WHO ARE SIGNING UP FOR COURSE TWO ALONE NEED TO HAVE ATTENDED COURSE ONE.
Don't miss this opportunity to learn the integration on Yin Yoga and Chinese Medicine for Healing.
Please click here to download a pdf copy of 100-HOUR Yin Yoga Teacher Training In Singapore.